Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tennessee Vacation

Don't you just hate how quickly vacations end? I sure do. This past week Jon and I spent four days down in Pigeon Forge TN with my parents and two youngest sisters. It was a lovely visit but as you can see we were all sad...
A few special someones were missing.

Let me introduce you to the missing pieces. Heather (the second in the birth order of Locke girls) and her husband Michael live WAY OUT in Arizona which makes a trek out to the eastern side of Tennessee a bit difficult. They were missed!!!
One of the best things about family vacations is being around people who know you and for some reason still love you despite all of your quirks. We had fun being ridiculous. That's just what happens when you reunite sisters. See what I mean? Jon for once is trying to ignore the ridiculousness. Haha, I can't even remember what was happening here but whatever it was, I love it!!
Our first night in town we ate at the Dixie Stampede. I wasn't really sure what to expect but they put on a pretty spectacular show complete with trick riding, roaming longhorns and plenty of laughs.
Here are my lovely parents getting ready to enjoy the show.
The two youngest Locke sisters along with me and my hubby, Aren't we cute!
It's 1:30am and I'm wiped so here is a condensed version of the rest of our stay.

- Splash Country

- Dollywood

- old time photos

- getting serenaded by one of the Gem Tones

- spending time with our dear friends Nikki, Steve and Jude

Our four days in Tennessee flew by and now I'm here back at work running on little sleep but that doesn't matter. Why you ask? Well we have a good week coming up especially because Jon and I will be celebrating our anniversary!! And at the beginning of next week we have yet another short vacation up to Indiana. Life is good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! You guys are gonna make me cry!! I really miss you guys :(

Anonymous said...

Haha, I absolutely love the first photo! Totally something the Locke family would think of doing. And I remember the handwriting that I see on that sign - is it yours, or do all of your sisters have the same penmanship that you have? Love you!