Saturday, May 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

As I've been busy wrapping up lose ends before Jon and I head to Florida we continue to wait on God's timing as far as a job is concerned. Right now God has given me a lot of peace about our future which is a praise considering our crazy circumstance. Over the past few weeks I've been meditating on these couple of verses and they have served as a reminder of the goodness of God and what we as his people are to do as his followers. I could easily get wrapped up in trying to figure out our lives but the calling that these few verses ring out is a life focused on our Savior. A life like that is much more appealing to me than trying to control everything especially since almost nothing is in my control to begin with. So this is my prayer for the coming weeks and months no matter what may come our way.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."
- Psalm 105:1-4

No comments: