Sunday, June 13, 2010

Closed Doors

A lot has happened since my last post. On Tuesday morning Jon and I arrived back in Louisville after a wonderful Florida vacation to see his family. Jon's youngest brother graduated high school and we had the privilege of being there to celebrate. The only down side we faced was the LONG drive from Louisville Kentucky to Ft. Lauderdale Florida. The drive was somewhere in the 16 hour range and we managed to drive it straight through the night.

Aside from some refreshing vacation time there has been quite a number of challenges on the job front. Over the past week and a half God has closed two very large doors that Jon and I had hoped would possibly lead us into the next step of this journey. One of the opportunities almost felt like a sure thing and after our only options were closed in front of us I started to feel desperate. Honestly deep down I felt that at least one of the jobs would be "the one" we had waited on, that ministry position God had been leading us to all of these months. After the second door abruptly closed I started to feel panic well up in me. What are we going to do? How in the world are we supposed to make our current situation work? This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Wednesday of this past week was my breaking point when all of my pent up emotions came rushing out and I felt utterly defeated. Thankfully God has so graciously surrounded us with a supportive church family, namely our community group.

So now what? Jon has looked into some new options concerning where he can send his resume and the job search continues. Right now we have absolutely nothing on the horizon, nothing. For those of you who read this I could definitely use prayer that I would continue to trust the Lord in the midst of this uncertain time. His attributes remain the same. He is my one constant and for that I am entirely thankful. Also pray that as a couple Jon and I would seek the Lord and his glory above all other things. We are exactly where the Lord wants us to be until he leads us elsewhere. I don't want to forget that. So for now we continue to wait.

No comments: