Saturday, May 15, 2010

I believe, help my unbelief.

I was looking over old posts and I came across one from May 9th of last year. In that post I anticipated that within a year I would be done with my current job and Jon and I would join in ministry together at a church. I just realized...it's now May 22nd. We have passed the one year mark and are still waiting. I honestly never imagined that this waiting period would be so trying for me. I'm sure the stress of preparing and providing for a baby is making things a little more intense; but I can easily say that this has been the most difficult learning period I have ever been through, which probably shows how easy my life has been. At this moment we don't know where we will be living in September, where Jon will have a job, and if I will have to continue working after the baby arrives. Hundreds of questions are constantly swirling around in my head. Everything, I mean every little thing is up in the air. This has been slightly terrifying for me and I have quickly realized that my faith is so small. Lately I have found myself praying the phrase, "I believe, help my unbelief."

In the midst of all this uncertainty there are some exciting opportunities that may be coming our way soon but those opportunities also mean that there will be decisions to be made, big ones. All I can think to do is ask for prayer. I know beyond any doubt that the God we serve is faithful. He always has been and always will be. So in this waiting period I'm praying and would like to ask those of you who read this to join with me in prayer as we wait expectantly for God's amazing provision. The biggest prayer we have right now is that the Lord would provide Jon a job specifically in some sort of ministry position. Everything else completely hinges on what happens with that. The rest, details and all, we leave up to the Lord. Even as I write this I'm excited for the day when I can share specifically how God has provided for all of our needs and I'm sure many of these answers will come in unexpected ways. September 8th is closing in and job or no job, one bedroom apartment and all this baby is coming and I'm so tempted to worry. So all that said, I'm humbly asking you to pray with me as we wait expectantly for God to show up in amazing ways. I'll keep you posted if any big developments happen but for now my plan is to seek the Lord, questions and all. God is good!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm praying along with you! We know that all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. That's you! Keep me aware of how to talk to God about you, okay? Love you guys (all three of you).