Saturday, October 11, 2008

A hard days night

The Dividing Wall- Carol Boomer

Whew, it has been a difficult night. I'm exhausted after a rough morning at work and an afternoon of sleeplessness. Getting cussed out gets old fast. Right now my head is pounding and my eyes are dry. I struggle to understand why the Lord has placed me at Maryhurst working the night shift for so long. It has been a hard road and I'm wondering if God is leading me elsewhere...I'm praying so we'll see. This entry will most likely be stream of consciousness so stay with me. I'm tired.

Sometimes I wish I could gain the wisdom that comes with age without struggling through the trials that would bring me to that point. But I guess that is North American thinking for you, whatever is quick and easy, hey yeah I'll take that. God grant me wisdom.
A quick snippet on this particular painting. This is a modern piece of artwork (which I am normally not particularly fond of) but I like this painting. I'm sure the fact that I like dark and heavy paintings says something about my inner psyche but that is a post for another time. It is a dark painting for a dark subject, our separation from God. If I were more awake I would attempt to post more of my thoughts on this piece but I don't know if I can muster the energy for that. So I will borrow a quote from A.W. Tozer:
“Abounding sin is the terror of the world, but abounding grace is the hope of mankind.”

So jumping from the spiritual to well...not I put this together tonight to pass the time. Here are a few of my favorite things...in no particular order.
Tranquil Mint hand cream (Bath and Body Works)
Christmas music!!
Candles. Umm. Smells good (My favorites have to be Yankee candles)
Playing the piano...I miss it.
Thunderstorms
Paisley
San Francisco
My man
Classical art/art museums
Well crafted music

Okay this list could easily go on and on, which it may very well do in following posts but I better stop for now. Hmm, that made me feel a bit better. Maybe in the near future I'll be able to post some deep thoughts on faith and the like but...my brain is too tired to form sentences so this will have to do.

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

I really had to go back through my blogs to find the comment you'd left a few weeks ago on my site. I didn't mean to ignore you. It happened right before we went on vacation, I got busy & by the time we got back I'd completely forgotten. Then you just popped into my mind a few minutes ago. So...
I hope Paisley is doing well & you're enjoying your new family member. Genia's got Sawyer out at The Nationals dog show, he showed at 7am this morning, can't wait to hear how he did. I'll be taking care of her brood in the evenings this week while she's at the show. She'll be showing Grant this coming Saturday. If you get a chance you should go out to the fairgrounds and watch.
I've got Paisley's aunts & uncle... it's always nice to know there's "family" close by.