Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Wind of God

The Wind of God - Kate Austin

It has been a busy week for me. Work has been rough and I'm physically and mentally worn out. It has been one of those weeks when you feel so drained that you try to offer up a prayer every minute just to make it through the rest of the day. Those days remind me just how much I must rely on the Lord. It's sad that it takes a difficult situation or even just a hard day to open our eyes to the deep need of our hearts...the need for our Savior to take our brokenness and make it into something beautiful. I am a profoundly broken woman with many scars to carry. I rely too much on the encouraging words and opinions of others to sustain my ego and my mask of self-righteousness is a heavy burden I too often choose to carry.


O God may my brokenness be an avenue for you to show your glory and may my faults remind me of my desperate need for you. I have done nothing good on my own. Any gifts or goodness others may see in me is nothing but your gracious hand upon this unworthy vessel. Forgive me for choosing to wear my mask instead of allowing your grace to shine through my inadequacies. I am nothing without you.

"Dear Christ, make one that which we are and that which we appear to be. Be Lord of naked faces." - Calvin Miller

1 comment:

Nicole Wise said...

Yay! I will be checking out your blog regularly. Wow so much is going on for you guys. Praying for you. How exciting for your friends and Lydia. She is beautiful! Love you guys!