Monday, April 19, 2010

Come, Lord Jesus

The Last Judgment- Michelangelo

A little less than a year ago I felt a conviction in my heart. I had never read through the entire Bible. I am humbled to say that God has been so gracious and faithful to lead me through his entire Word and today I finished! The past year has been challenging as I have had to face the realization that I so easily value everything else above God and his Word. I learned a lot about myself and even more so about the God I serve. I am reminded that the Bible is the living, active, and powerful word of the Lord that convicts people of sin and declares the hope of a Savior. His Word is offensive to many, filled with passages even most Christians choose to ignore. Every word is inspired by our great Creator and as I read the final words of scripture my heart felt enlivened as I was so vividly told of Christ's return. Those final words are an encouraging exhortation to His church to live with the knowledge of His coming burning in our hearts. Are we living for His return? Do those around us see a difference? Are we sharing this hope with others? As I prepare to dive into the Word again for another year I have and will continue to be challenged and changed.


"He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes I am coming soon.'
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people.
Amen."

1 comment:

OurCrazyFarm said...

What an encouraging post~ to read of another believer finding such depth in the word and feeling the hunger to be fed richly by it! We have been delving into the word here too with our 5 kids. Our goal a year ago was to finish reading it aloud together within a few months, altho like you say, we quickly realize all of the things we put before our God and reading the Bible. It has been a great journey to go deeper:))