Friday, April 17, 2009

Looking to Christ

I honestly don't ever feel like I have much to say on this blog. My life seems less than exciting. I guess the content of this blog will get more interesting once Jon nears the end of school or we start our family. Right now the monotany of life leaves me speechless. So I think I'll just catch you up on something the Lord taught me this week.

Lately I've continued to struggle with being content. I'm not sure why my heart seems so set on longing for things other than Christ. It is a frustrating place to live yet I do desire for my heart to rest fully in my Savior. That has been my prayer the past couple of weeks but it has still been a battle nonetheless. The sermon on Sunday was wonderful and one particular picture my pastor painted really stuck out to me. He compared believers to a soldier still waging war against the enemy. The end of the war had been declared but the enemy, still fighting strong, was either not aware of their defeat or did not want to admit the end had come and they had lost. We as Christians continue to fight our battles day to day against the enemy however despite the battles that still wage on in our hearts and lives the ultimate war has already been won! Christ has become victorious over sin and death and we are victorious through him.

"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by cancelling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him." - Colossians 2:13-15

I'm clinging to that truth tonight as I struggle in battle to stay focused on Christ. Praise God who is victorious!!

No comments: