Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Top 10 Christmas Movies

1.
White Christmas
2.
It's A Wonderful Life
3.
A Muppet Christmas Carol
(In all actuality I love all movies based on the Charles Dickens book. There are other older versions that are really good)
4.
A Charlie Brown Christmas

5.
A Christmas Story
6.
Elf
7.
Miracle on 34th Street
8.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
9.
Home Alone
10.
The Polar Express

So this is my list. There are also a few honorable mentions that come to mind: The Santa Clause and Christmas Vacation. Unfortunately most of the movies on this list have nothing to do with the real meaning of Christmas (with the slight exception of a Charlie Brown Christmas). I've heard that The Nativity Story is good but I've never seen it. If anyone knows of some good Gospel related Christmas movies let me know but for now...living in this secular pop-culture America that I do, my list stands (sad as that may be). I'm curious to hear what some of your favorite Christmas movies are...Any takers?!?

2 comments:

Nicole Wise said...

have you ever seen national lampoon's christmas??? i can't wait to watch a lot of these on your list. yay, christmas is here!

pita-woman said...

If you don't mind violence & terrorism in a movie, then Die Hard 1 & 2 are Christmas movies.

However, one of my faves is an old Carey Grant movie from 1947, "The Bishop's Wife". Carey Grant portrays an angel. I think you'd like it, it's more about the spirit of Christmas and not so much the commercial holiday so many of us are consumed with.