Saturday, December 6, 2008

Behold the Lamb of God



Thursday night Jon and I went with a group of friends to see the Andrew Peterson Christmas Concert and it was just beautiful! The concert was unlike any I've ever been to. I'm not sure if it was just the atmosphere or what but it felt very intimate. I don't know if I'm alone in saying this but there have been many times during a church service or in a meeting with my community group that I've just become completely overwhelmed with the reality that this is a small glimpse of what heaven will be like. I've become so overwhelmed with the beauty of the Body of Christ, the beauty in our brokenness and the amazing work of Christ's redemption. That was the emotion I felt as I sat through this entire concert.

The concert was split into two parts. The first half was for the singer/songwriters to share a song or two of their own music. Some of the musicians involved were: Ben Shive, Jill Philips, Andrew Osenga, Bebo Norman, Andrew Gullahorn and of course Andrew Peterson. I think the thing I loved most about the concert was how real the artists were. As each of them shared a bit many touched on the theme of community. It was evident that these were not just people coming together for a tour but they were a family coming together to share a story that.

The second half of the concert was all of the artists coming together and playing the entire "Behold the Lamb of God" Christmas album. It was so moving and yes...I cried. If any of you ever have the opportunity to see this tour I wouldn't hesitate to tell you that you need to go. It is such a wonderful reminder of the birth of our Savior and how the plan of redemption is not just found in the New Testament but can be seen from Genesis to Revelation.

Here are a few of the songs. The videos don't do these songs justice but it will give you an idea of the beauty of this album. If you don't have the album...go get it. Seriously!!

O Come O Come Emmanuel





Labor of Love (Jill Philips)



If you are interested in hearing more about the story behind the album "Behold the Lamb of God" check out The Bednar's blog. It's good stuff! Thanks George. :-)

http://bednars.blogspot.com/2008/12/so-last-night-we-made-trek-down-to.html

No comments: