Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lydia

My family and I have good friends of ours who have gone on quite an amazing journey. I first met this couple (Eric and Ashleigh) when I was a freshman in high school. Eric was the youth pastor for Hill'n Dale Christian church and ever since then his family and my family have been close. Eric was an officiant at my wedding and two of his children were involved in the ceremony as well.

Back in 2006 the Lord began to stir in Eric and Ashleigh's heart the desire to adopt a little girl. Well after a couple of years and many amazing miracles Eric and Ashleigh are finally on their way to meet beautiful Lydia for the first time They leave today to fly to China. Anyway, they have been heavy on my heart this morning and I would encourage any of you who read this to lift up a prayer for safety as they travel today. Also keep them and the rest of their family in your prayers as they prepare for this blessed addition to the Sanzone clan.

Here is a link to their blog. If you get a chance you should read through their story because God's faithfulness is the center of this amazing journey!! Whew, I get chills just thinking about how awesome God has been in this situation and I can't help but praise Him!!

No comments: